Reports may be accepted from members of the following bodies:
– The Institution of Structural Engineers (www.istructe.org.uk)
– The Institution of Civil Engineers (www.ice.org.uk)
The report must be referred to the valuer for comment. If the report is not addressed to the applicant, written confirmation must be obtained from the originator that its contents may be relied upon by the applicant(s).
We will not lend on any property with either ongoing movement or where monitoring is required, where this is identified by either the valuer, or where evident in the structural engineer’s report.
The valuer may request additional reports from specific governing bodies.
We may require specialists’ reports. These most commonly will be:
– Timber and damp, electrical, trees, cavity wall ties;
– Mining report (as these are obtained by the solicitors, a special condition is imposed at offer);
– Any such reports should be prepared by a reputable firm and should be forwarded to us for review and referral to the valuer
The valuer may request additional reports from specific governing bodies