We are aware of scams involving individuals being offered loans for an advanced upfront fee. With the fraudster posing as a representative of a financial services organisation. At Pepper Money we do not charge any fees before the application stage. We would not approach you directly in this way. Your broker will be able to tell you what fees and charges the product you’re applying for has, and when they will be charged. If you think you have been a victim of such a scam, please contact your bank immediately and report it to action fraud.

General Customer Questions

If you have a Pepper Money mortgage or homeowner loan, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.

Our glossary is Pepper Money’s guide to decoding the world of mortgage language. Find out more about what common terms actually mean.

Can I rent out my property?

Pepper Money offers let-to-buy, which provides customers the flexibility to rent their property rather than sell. Pepper Money can fund the mortgage on the property that is being let out, or the onward purchase, or both.

Can I transfer my mortgage to another property?

No, we don’t offer mortgage porting. If you’re looking to move house, speak to an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) to find out about your options.

Click here to find an independent financial adviser.

Can I switch to another Pepper Money product?

Yes. Check below for eligibility and how to apply.

Who can apply for a Product Transfer?
• Residential mortgage customers only (you can apply up to 3 months before your current initial rate ends).
• Provided your mortgage payments are up to date and you’ve not missed a payment in the last 12 months you can be considered.
• You can’t make any other changes to your mortgage during this process and you’re just applying to switch your current rate.

How do I apply?
We provide a choice of ways to apply;
1) If you’d like advice and a recommendation based on your current circumstances you can contact a broker who will help you find the right mortgage product for you. Please navigate to our page providing details of Brokers registered with us or search Unbiased.co.uk. Your selected broker will understand your needs and circumstances and provide advice and recommendation for a suitable product for you which may or may not be a Pepper Money product.
2) ‘Execution only’ basis – You can apply here – we do not offer advice or provide you with a recommendation for a specific product for you – you should only use this method if you are happy to proceed without receiving advice.

The Product Transfer application process
• You can apply up to 3 months before your current initial rate ends.
• It’s a simple process with no affordability or credit checks or need to refresh your employment or income information.
• It’s fee free – no product fees, no need for a new valuation of your property or any legal fees.
• In the event your circumstances have changed and you’d like to speak to a broker about other product options which may meet your needs and circumstances please navigate to our website or search Unbiased.co.uk

What should I do if I am struggling with my payments?
If you need to speak with a member of our team about your payments, please call <0333 370 1101 and press 4> or if you’d like to speak to a broker about other product options which may meet your needs and circumstances, please navigate to our page providing details of Brokers registered with us or search Unbiased.co.uk. You may also find the information in the MoneyHelper guide useful.

Can I borrow more money on my mortgage?

If you’d like to borrow more money as part of your mortgage with Pepper Money you’d need to remortgage – this may incur additional costs and we’d suggest that you should speak to an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) before you do this.

Alternatively we offer a range of Second Charge mortgages, for more information please speak to a broker who can help. 

Click here to find an independent financial adviser.

Can I remortgage my property with another lender?

Yes, you can remortgage your property at any time with any lender you choose. If you do this within the initial term (e.g. in the first 2 years of a 2 year fixed term mortgage) then you’ll pay Early Redemption Charges. Most lenders charge these when you pay off a mortgage or change your lender within the initial term.

You can find details of your ERCs in your mortgage offer. Or, email our Customer Service team at [email protected] if you want to find out if you’ll need to pay this charge.

What happens if I have a homeowner loan with you and I'm moving house?

As your homeowner loan from Pepper Money is secured on your property it’s important to let us know you are thinking about moving home. For further information please contact us on 0333 014 3125. 

How do I send you my financial assessment?

If you’ve been asked to do a financial assessment, please complete the Income and Expenditure form.

Once completed please send it either by email to [email protected] or by post to:

Pepper Money Customer Service
4 Capital Quarter
Tyndall Street
CF10 4BZ

Why do you want to know about my buildings insurance?

We do this because it’s a condition of your mortgage agreement that you have a valid buildings insurance policy in place at all times. We lend you a sum of money, secured against an asset (your property), so we need to know that that asset is protected.

If you don’t have a valid buildings insurance policy, you will be in breach of the conditions of your mortgage agreement with us.

If we can’t confirm that the right cover is in place, we will manage the risk by taking out a “Lender’s Interest Only” policy at your expense. Please note, this insurance only covers our risk: it doesn’t insure you. If you provide us with a copy of a valid insurance schedule in your name we will refund up to a maximum of 24 months’ worth of the premiums we have charged you for this insurance.

If your property is leasehold it may be the freeholder’s responsibility to insure the building. If you’re unable to get a copy of the insurance schedule from the freeholder, you can either send us:

  • A copy of the relevant clause in the lease that confirms it’s freeholder responsibility to insure the building; or
  • A letter from the freeholder confirming that they are required to insure the building. 

If you can’t find what you’re looking for below or would like to talk to us about your mortgage or homeowner loan you can call us on 03333 701 102  (lines are open 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday) or email us at [email protected] where one of our friendly team will be able to help.

Contacting us won’t impact your credit score.

If you choose to email us, we will respond to your message within 5 working days. This will either be via a telephone call or a letter in the post. If your request is urgent please call us.